If you have been arrested and charged with a crime, you need aggressive representation from skilled and knowledgeable criminal defense lawyers who will act fast to protect your rights and build a strong defense geared toward obtaining the best outcome possible. Mycki Ratzan and Jude Faccidomo have decades of experience providing compassionate, aggressive criminal defense to people from all walks of life charged with state and federal crimes in Miami, Florida courts. The Miami criminal lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo have earned a reputation in the legal community for their excellent trial skills and have garnered the respect of judges, prosecutors and the other lawyers of the criminal defense bar. That reputation and respect, combined with a strong work ethic and always being thoroughly prepared at every stage, enable us to get the best results for our clients in each situation, whether through trial or plea negotiations.
We work hard to prepare a defense and provide advice and representation that is focused on your particular needs. Our practice generally falls into one of three main areas:
Comprehensive Criminal Defense – We represent clients in both state and federal court who are charged with drug crimes, including possession and trafficking; shoplifting and theft crimes; assault and violent crimes; white collar crimes; sex crimes; DUI and more.
Professional License Defense – Our defense of lawyers and other professionals includes representation in disciplinary hearings and license revocation hearings. A criminal arrest or conviction can call into question a licensed professional’s fitness to continue practicing their profession; we fight for our clients’ rights to continue their livelihood in their chosen profession. If you are facing administrative or disciplinary action, you need a strong advocate on your side. All too often independent agencies play it fast and loose with their own rules and are only focused on damaging or terminating the employment or license of a dedicated professional. Proper and aggressive representation is required to ensure that the rules are adhered to and your rights are protected.
College Student Defense – Our criminal defense practice concentrates heavily in the defense of college students accused of DUI, sex crimes, possession of narcotics, shoplifting, assault and other offenses. A criminal conviction can derail a young person’s bright future; we fight to get them the second chance they deserve.
Florida & Federal Crime Lawyers
The dedicated Miami criminal defense lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC handle many different types of criminal defense matters. We regularly assist people accused in state and federal court of all criminal defense issues. No matter the level of severity of the crime, we can help to prepare your defense. The types of cases we routinely handle include but are not limited to:
- DUI offenses: when you have been charged with a DUI, you can face substantial repercussions at your place of employment, as well as jail time, fines, and the revocation of your driver’s license. If convicted, you can face penalties that include up to 9 months of jail time, required DUI school attendance, up to 50 hours of community service, fines of up to $500, up to 1 year of probation, and other penalties.
- Drug crimes: narcotics investigations continue to take place across the state of Florida and throughout the country, and being convicted of a serious drug crime can result in significant financial fines and jail time. Whether you’ve been arrested for possession of marijuana in small amounts or trafficking in a controlled substance like marijuana or cocaine, we can help.
- Sex crimes: the advent of new Internet technologies have made it easier for sexual predators to engage in crimes like solicitation and possession or distribution of child pornography, but many defendants are unjustly accused. Many defenses exist to sex crimes, and our office can assist with your case.
- White collar crimes: while financial crimes typically aren’t considered as dangerous as other offenses, they nonetheless can lead to lengthy prison sentences and serious financial penalties. If you’ve been accused of tax fraud, Medicare fraud, mortgage fraud, money laundering, racketeering, or another form of white collar crime, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Theft crimes: depending on the amount of property you’ve been accused of stealing, you can be facing penalties for either a misdemeanor or a felony offense. Even nonviolent crimes such as shoplifting or petit theft can result in a long jail sentence.
- Assault and violent crimes: being arrested for a violent crime can mean you’re facing a wide range of penalties from a second degree misdemeanor offense all the way up to a first degree felony offense. Many defenses exist to violent crimes, including self-defense claims and justifiable homicide. These laws are complicated, however, and it’s important to discuss your options with a Miami violent crime defense lawyer.
- Representation of professionals: learning that you’ve been accused of an ethical or professional violation can come as a shock. When careers are at stake, many professionals such as CPAs, real estate agents, lawyers, doctors, and teachers require the help of a Florida defense lawyer.
- Defense of college students: as fraternity accidents continue to make news reports across the state of Florida, many college students face criminal charges for crimes related to assault, DUI, and sex crimes. We can help to ensure that your college student has the best defense for his or her situation.
To be sure, our attorneys are particularly skilled in the representation of lawyers and other professionals facing disciplinary proceedings, and in the specific nuances that apply to the defense of college students.
Success Statistics of Criminal Defense Lawyers
When you hire a criminal defense lawyer, what will your money buy you? It’s important to know that the dedicated lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC can help to ensure that you have the best possible defense throughout each stage of your case.
According to a press release from the U.S. Department of Justice, more defendants who are incarcerated after a criminal conviction did not hire their own lawyers. Indeed, both federal and state criminal laws are quite complex, but Mycki and Jude have decades of experience navigating the complicated criminal justice system. We know how to prepare a successful defense for people who have been charged with many different offenses, ranging from DUIs, to white collar crimes such as tax fraud, and all the way up to violent crimes like first degree murder. We believe that every person deserves to have a dedicated and knowledgeable defense lawyer on his or her side when facing serious criminal charges.
Wrongly Accused Clients and the Value of a Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer
In Florida, recent crackdowns on drug crimes, financial crimes, and other criminal offenses have resulted in many defendants being wrongly accused of these serious acts. For example, when newspapers like the Miami Herald refer to our city as a Medicare fraud “hot spot,” it encourages law enforcement officers and prosecutors to come up with arrests and convictions. In the process, however, many innocent Florida residents face unjust white collar crime charges.
And it’s not just financial crimes that are considered rampant in Florida. Indeed, our state has some of the most stringent laws surrounding sex crimes. Particularly when it comes to solicitation of a minor or possession of child pornography, law enforcement in Florida has arrested many innocent people. New technologies have provided many benefits, but they’ve also resulted in Miami residents facing charges for Internet photographs that they’ve unknowingly downloaded, among other offenses.
Florida residents who have been accused of crimes deserve to be represented by compassionate and skilled defense lawyers. Facing any criminal offense or investigation can have potentially life-changing consequences. You already know that a criminal conviction can mean jail time, heavy fines, and damage to your reputation. At the same time, however, the ramifications of even a simple accusation such as shoplifting can go far beyond that. If not handled properly, criminal convictions and even mere accusations can result in: